Heat shrink tubing with zip
Heat shrink tubing with zip is a kind of heat shrink wraparound sleeve with adhesive coating, this heat shrink repair sleeves with stainless steel zip channel, mainly used for outer sheath repair for power cables at any voltage, repair sleeves provide corrosion protection and a water tight seal around the cable outer sheath.
Zipper heat shrinkable sleeve (Heat shrink tubing with zip) install steps:
Install steps of Heat shrink tubing with zip
How to install the heat shrink cable repair sleeve?
How to repair the cable sheath by heat shrink wrap sleeve?
1. Cleaning the damaged parts of the cable, when installation, the damaged parts should be placed in the middle of the patch.
2. Mark on the two ends of the repair sleeve with a white pen.
3. Sanding both ends of the cable by circumferential direction
4. Clean the parts of the cable that has been worn.
5. The insulating aluminum foil is attached to the inside 25mm of the mark position.
6. Scraping and wiping the insulated aluminum foil with hard material to make it close to the cable.
7. The attached sheet of aluminum foil should reveal from the repair sleeve by 75mm.
8. Set up the patch/repair sleeve, put on the stainless steel channel, buckle the lap buckle (below 600mm)
9. Preheat the stainless steel channel with a small fire for 10 seconds.
10. Heat and shrink evenly from the middle of the repair sleeve to both ends.
11. There is a glue spillover at both ends of the casing, and the varnish is completely yellow brown, it means heat shrinking is completed.